This is a simple and easy curry I make to serve with puri’s or roti’s. Prep time for me is only about 5 minutes. I use my onion chopper to cut both the onions and potatoes. Then everything goes into the pressure cooker.
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and diced small
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 dried red chilli
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed lightly , optional
- 2 green chillies split in half, optional
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 cup water
- Heat the oil in a small cooker on medium heat. First add the curry leaves to the oil. next add the mustard, cumin, red chilli and garlic.
- After 30 seconds or so add the onions and saute for a minute. Add the salt, turmeric and potatoes. mix well.
- Add the water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the cooker to cool down before opening.
- Serve hot with puri or roti.