This is variation of my Coconut Flavored Veggie Pulao. Vegetable Pulao is one rice dish I love to make often. It’s the easiest way to get a good combination of veggies inot ones diet. Pair it off with a meat curry and yoghurt and a delicious and healthy meal is ready.
The current recipe can be considered a lazy day veggie pulao too. The topic for this month’s Monthly Mingle is Ravishing Rice and is being hosted by Edible Garden. This is my entry for the Monthly Mingle.
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 2 cups frozen mixed stir fry vegetables
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- salt to taste
- Wash the rice and soak in water for atleast half an hour.
- Meanwhile heat the ghee in a pan and add the cinnamon stick and cloves.
- Next add the frozen veggies and cook till they defrost and are warmed through.
- Drain the rice and add to the rice cooker
- Add the coconut milk, water and salt. Mix well
- Add the vegetables and cook.
- When done mix well to mix the vegetables into the rice
- Serve hot with yoghurt or curry.
- This seems a bit heavy on the ghee, but as it makes 8 servings, I don’t worry too much about it. The ghee adds flavor which cannot be achieved by oil
- I skipped adding onions green chilis and ginger garlic paste to create a variation in taste.